Weeknight dinner or holiday-worthy! Roasted candy potatoes and carrots are tossed with maple syrup, herbs and spices, and roasted to golden brown perfection.
Roasted candy potatoes and carrots is the last word fall aspect dish. The pure sweetness of the greens is balanced with the richness of maple syrup, a medley of savory herbs and a splash of nutmeg.
There’s simply one thing concerning the aroma of roasted greens wafting via your kitchen that immediately makes your day higher. This dish is a breeze to organize and delivers a very beautiful mix of flavors and textures.
💙 What’s to like about roasted carrots and candy potatoes
These roasted candy potatoes and carrots are a real kitchen gem. This is why we will not get sufficient of them:
▪️ FLAVOR: The mixture of candy, savory, and fragrant flavors on this dish will make this aspect dish the star of the meal. It simply pairs with a wide range of entrées.
▪️ NUTRIENT-RICH: Candy potatoes and carrots are filled with nutritional vitamins and fiber, making this a nutritious addition to any meal.
▪️ SO EASY! This recipe is a cinch to make, making it the perfect aspect dish for weeknight dinners or particular events.
Ideas for making this recipe
- Minimize the greens in evenly sized items. The dimensions of the candy potato and carrots must be as at the same time as doable to make sure even cooking.
- Use pure maple syrup, not the corn syrup-based form. The flavour distinction is like night time and day.
- Do not overcrowd the baking sheet. Give these veggies some house to roast correctly, making certain they begin to caramelized. That’s the place the flavour is! Utilizing a giant baking sheet will give the greens loads of room.
- For the final 10 to 12 minutes, place the baking sheet on the bottom oven rack. This helps the veggies to brown effectively on the underside.
- Be certain that your herbs and spices aren’t previous their prime. Dried spices and herbs lose their taste over time. Exchange each 6 to 12 months and make certain they’re saved in a cool, darkish place (not subsequent to the range!) They need to be aromatic.
▪️ VEGETABLES: Swap the candy potatoes for butternut squash or use a half-and-half mixture of candy and common potatoes.
▪️ HERBS: Experiment with completely different herbs like sage or oregano.
See recipe card beneath for full substances listing & recipe instructions.
The best way to make roasted candy potatoes and carrots
PREPARATION: Begin by preheating your oven to 400°F (220°C). Whereas it is heating up, seize a giant baking sheet and evenly coat it with cooking spray.
CHOP AND TOSS: Peel the candy potatoes and carrots, then chop into ¾- to 1-inch items. Toss them with olive oil, maple syrup, salt, rosemary, thyme and nutmeg till totally coated.
ROAST TO PERFECTION: Unfold the coated veggies evenly on the ready baking sheet. Pop them into the preheated oven (center rack) and allow them to roast for about 20 minutes. Gently stir the veggies to make sure even browning and unfold out once more in a single layer. Place the baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven. Roast till the veggies are tender when pierced with a fork and brown on the underside. This could take a further 10 to 12 minutes.
KEEP IN TOUCH
and obtain recipes straight to your inbox!
Make-Forward and Storage
- You possibly can peel and chop the candy potatoes and carrots a day upfront and retailer them in an hermetic container within the fridge.
- The olive oil and seasoning combination can be ready forward and saved individually.
Roasted veggies are finest when served straight from the oven, however nonetheless style fairly darn good as leftovers.
- Retailer any leftover roasted candy potatoes and carrots in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days.
- Reheat them within the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10-Quarter-hour or within the microwave till heated via.
Steadily Requested Questions
Sure, you possibly can. To arrange this dish forward of time for a special day, comply with the meal prep directions talked about earlier. You possibly can roast the greens just a few hours earlier than serving after which reheat them within the oven earlier than your meal. This fashion, you possibly can benefit from the dish whereas nonetheless having time to take care of different components of your feast.
Sure, this may be doubled if serving extra folks. I like to recommend utilizing two giant baking sheets in order that the greens correctly brown. If they’re crowded, they may steam as an alternative of brown. Begin with one baking sheet on the center rack of the oven and one on the decrease rack. Swap midway via cooking.
Sure, they’re! Candy potatoes and carrots are wealthy in nutritional vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants. Roasting them with olive oil provides wholesome fat, making this a nutritious alternative.
Serve with these entrées
If you happen to make this recipe, please let me know! Go away a star score ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and remark beneath the recipe card beneath. Thanks!
Roasted Candy Potatoes and Carrots
Savor the pure sweetness of roasted candy potatoes and carrots, balanced with the richness of maple syrup and a medley of savory herbs.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pound candy potatoes (both Garnet or Jewel varietals – orange flesh) peeled
- 1 pound medium carrots peeled
- 1 ½ tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon floor or grated nutmeg
- Minced flat-leaf parsley for garnish (non-compulsory)
Forestall your display from going darkish
Preheat the oven to 400 levels F, with one oven rack positioned within the heart place and one rack within the backside place. Flippantly coat a big baking sheet with cooking spray.
Minimize the peeled candy potatoes and carrots into ¾- to 1-inch items. Switch to a bowl. Add the olive oil, maple syrup, salt, thyme, rosemary and nutmeg. Toss to coat totally.
Switch the greens to the ready baking sheet and prepare them in a single layer. Take care to not crowd them.
Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven. Roast the greens for 20 minutes. Gently stir the greens, then re-arrange in a single layer.
Return the baking sheet to the oven, on the underside rack. Roast till the greens are tender when pierced with a fork and browning on the underside, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Please be aware that I’m not a medical or dietary skilled. I present dietary data for my recipes as a courtesy to my readers. It’s calculated utilizing the LoseIt! calculator. Whereas I try to offer data that’s as correct as doable, it is best to calculate the dietary data independently earlier than counting on it.
Serving: 0.67cup | Energy: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.4g | Protein: 2.9g | Fats: 5.4g | Saturated Fats: 0.8g | Sodium: 421.4mg | Fiber: 6.7g | Sugar: 16.6g
Disclosure: I’m a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for me to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites.