A wholesome facet dish made easy with this straightforward 5 ingredient roasted broccolini with lemon and parmesan. Simply combine, dip and roast for a scrumptious veggie facet stuffed with wholesome goodness and taste.
Broccolini was developed by a Japanese seed firm as a cross between common broccoli and gai lan, or Chinese language broccoli. It’s generally referred to as “child broccoli” however that’s truly incorrect. Child broccoli is technically a younger broccoli floret.
In contrast to common broccoli which has one thick stalk, particular person broccolini has a a lot smaller stalk and tends to have a much less bitter style than common broccoli. Broccolini is often offered in a head made up of a number of particular person broccolini stalks. As a result of they’re thinner additionally they are inclined to prepare dinner sooner!
Although broccolini can completely be eaten uncooked, the flavors are greatest when roasted or cooked as on this roasted broccolini recipe!
Elements in Roasted Broccolini
- Broccolini – take away the thick stems on the finish and trim off any stray leaves.
- Recent Lemon Juice – I choose to make use of a freshly juice lemon should you can
- Garlic powder – I discover this binds to the broccolini a bit bit higher however you need to use recent garlic should you choose.
- Salt + Pepper – Be happy to cut back salt if watching sodium ranges.
- Parmesan Cheese – I like to make use of shredded parmesan for this roasted broccolini recipe, nonetheless you may swap with a distinct shredded cheese should you choose.
Tips on how to Make Roasted Broccolini
STEP 1: MAKE SAUCE
In a big bowl mix olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper.
STEP 2: DIP BROCCOLINI
Utilizing tongs toss particular person broccolini items in olive oil combination and unfold out evenly on sheet pan.
STEP 3: ROAST
Sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese. Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes or till broccolini is crisp-tender with frivolously browned edges.
Simple Swaps + Substitutions
This lemon parmesan roasted broccolini tastes scrumptious as is however listed here are a couple of substitutions and swaps you can also make:
- Use lime – should you don’t have lemon or choose the style of lime, you may simply pair it with lime as an alternative of lemon
- Swap the cheese – not a fan of parmesan or have a distinct cheese available? Sub in your most popular shredded cheese.
- Make it spicy – add a pinch of pink chili flakes to make this roasted broccolini a bit spicy.
- Add herbs – when broccolini is completed roasting you may sprinkle with recent herbs like parsley, cilantro and even rosemary!
- Give it crunch – add a sprinkle of nuts to your broccolini. Simply you’ll want to add in the previous couple of minutes of roasted or after completed cooking as you don’t need them to burn.
- Use broccoli – whereas I choose to make use of broccolini, should you can not discover broccolini you may at all times use broccoli. It’s possible you’ll want to regulate cooking time so watch fastidiously.
What to Pair with Broccolini
Finest served recent although will maintain within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days. Reheat in microwave or oven.
Extra Wholesome Veggie Aspect Dishes
A wholesome facet dish made easy with this straightforward 5 ingredient roasted broccolini with lemon and parmesan. Simply combine, dip and roast for a scrumptious veggie facet stuffed with goodness and taste.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 20 minutes
- Complete Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Class: Aspect
- Methodology: Roast
- Weight loss plan: Gluten Free
- 2 heads broccolini, thick ends lower off and leaves eliminated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest + juice, 1 lemon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl mix olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper.
- Utilizing tongs toss particular person broccolini items in olive oil combination and unfold out evenly on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese.
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes or till broccolini is crisp-tender with frivolously browned edges.
Key phrases: roasted broccolini
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Be a part of 20,000+ members of the THM Group to get entry to unique recipes, wholesome way of life suggestions and behind-the-scenes information from our crew!