Do you’ve gotten Thanksgiving turkey leftovers that you simply don’t know what to do with? This leftover turkey pot pie is the proper technique to benefit from the consolation meals of Thanksgiving dinner multi functional savory pie. It’s straightforward, handy, and an answer for utilizing up that leftover turkey.
Let Thanksgiving carry on giving with this Turkey Pot Pie recipe! We love discovering artistic methods to make use of up that leftover turkey and let this be your new favourite. This recipe is solely made with store-bought pie crust and frozen greens together with a creamy sauce.
My husband and child Gus (1 yr previous!) liked this recipe a lot. I like that it’s protein-packed and there are such a lot of veggies.
Make your turkey pot pie filling with combined veggies and shredded turkey. Switch the creamy filling to the pie crust, assemble, and bake till a gorgeous golden brown. Welcome to one of the best ways to take pleasure in a leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
What’s in Home made Turkey Pot Pie?
- Retailer-bought pie crusts: we used a store-bought pie crust for a faster and simpler prep time.
- All-purpose flour: all-purpose flour acts as a thickening agent for the turkey pot pie filling.
- Rooster broth: we used rooster broth as the bottom for our creamy filling.
- 2% milk: our filling is made creamy with the addition of two% milk.
- Shredded turkey: dissipate your leftover Thanksgiving turkey for this hearty pot pie!
- Frozen vegetable combine: save time and use a frozen vegetable combine. Select your favourite!
Earlier than Getting Began You Additionally Want:
- 9-inch pie pan: You’ll want a pie pan to bake the proper flaky pie crust.
- Cookie cutters (non-compulsory): If you need to create a design on the highest of the pot pie, mud a countertop with flour and roll the additional pie crust out, about ¼-½ inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to chop out designs (leaves, flowers, and many others.) after which place them on high of the pie. Brush the cut-outs with melted butter in order that they brown a bit greater than the pie.
Get our Prime 10 5-Star Recipes!
Be part of our e-mail record for brand new recipes and BONUS: get our high 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Variations and Substitutions
- Retailer-bought pie crust: You’re welcome to make a do-it-yourself pie crust if you happen to’d like. We selected store-bought for comfort.
- Rooster broth: Be at liberty to sub the rooster broth with turkey broth or vegetable broth as a substitute.
- Shredded turkey: Shredded rooster can be utilized instead of turkey if you happen to don’t occur to have leftover turkey.
- Frozen vegetable combine: Leftover Thanksgiving day greens can be utilized instead of mushrooms and frozen greens.
Talking of turkey broth, save your turkey carcass and make your individual turkey broth with it.
Can I make mini pies as a substitute of a full-sized leftover turkey pot pie?
After all! Mini pies are an effective way to make use of up leftover turkey and different vacation dishes. They’re additionally excellent for portion management and make for a enjoyable twist on conventional pot pie.
To make mini pies, you will have small pie dishes or ramekins that may maintain about 1-2 servings every. You should use store-bought pie crust or make your individual, then fill the mini pies together with your pie filling. Simply notice that your pies will bake a lot sooner than a standard pot pie, so regulate them and modify the baking time accordingly.
What’s one of the best ways to reheat turkey pot pie?
One of the simplest ways to reheat turkey pot pie is through the use of your oven. Place the dish in a preheated 350ºF oven coated with foil and bake for 10-20 minutes, relying on how a lot is left.
Storage + Freezer Instructions
Retailer any leftover turkey pot pie in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. You can additionally go away it within the pie tin coated with aluminum foil if you happen to’d like.
To freeze, place your turkey pot pie in a freezer-safe, hermetic container and retailer it within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
Questioning what tastes good with leftover turkey pot pie? We at Match Foodie Finds obtained your again. We love how nicely this leftover turkey pot pie goes with veggie dishes like our Wholesome Inexperienced Bean Casserole and Garlic Glazed Carrots.
Craving one thing a bit extra distinctive? This Sausage Stuffing and Crispy Brussels Sprouts Salad are each wow-worthy. And for dessert, this Straightforward Apple Crisp or Excessive Protein Pumpkin Cheesecake will take you to autumn heaven.